Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Choosing Between the Devils

When is the devil you don't know better than the devil you do know?


I am often left feeling as though I am choosing between the lesser of two evils. Rather than just being able to make the best decision for example; I have a couple choices and neither of them are fantastic, but I have to choose one of them. So take your pick... 


postpartum psychosis, natachia barlow ramsey, baby, devil, probate court, depression, postpartum, suicide,
Devil's in disguise?
We have an election going on (yeah I know, the entire world knows). But we also have a Probate Judge election going on here in Waldo County. You see, while there is some family court stuff brewing upstairs with my grand-daughter Lanah, I also have lots of things circulating downstairs in Probate. Everything from the Guardianship of my daughter to the petition of guardianship of my grand-daughter.
 
I actually petitioned for guardianship of my grand-daughter back in June. At that time we didn't know who her father was so there was the added delay of informing all the putative fathers. But even since finding out there has been a great delay in getting the case heard.
 
I originally petitioned the probate court because I was the one caring for Lanah full time. My daughter had moved in with her boyfriend and would come and visit with Lanah and spend time with her but she wasn't ready to be a full time parent. At that time and in moment's of clarity she would
Read more here...
 
~ Natachia Barlow Ramsey; Surviving Postpartum Psychosis and Losing a Piece of Myself ~

No comments:

Post a Comment